Floor Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3PO

You can get the carlon in the link with a receptacle and two data jacks in the same box. Those are what I normally use for commerical. If you need more spaces than that in one box I would either go to the rectangular Carlons or to a wiremold or steel city box. IMHO the Carlons are a little more user friendly.

Ragin Cajun said:
I need to spec quality, heavy duty floor boxes for power, telephone, and data to go in a poured slab.

Any suggestions based on experience?

Thanks,

RC
We've used quite a few Walder/Wiremold 'Omnibox' series floor boxes, they are steel, come in several gang arrangements, separation for power / telephone or LV, a variety of trim / finish rings depending on floor finish (tile, carpet). They have worked out very well, and don't seem to get dislodged or crushed during a pour, they are pretty easy to fasten into place. We have used a few of the cast boxes in the same series.

Podagrower

All of my specs usually call for a specific floor box and trim. Usually something in the Walker cast series. They are extremely durable, but I hate the fact that in order to use their factory KOs, you have to come up in the concrete.

iwire

Staff member
Ragin Cajun said:
Thanks for all the help!

I prefer the cast type with brass covers.

They sure look good when new.

As a service guy I have learned that if they are in a floor that gets regular moping many times the mounting tabs inside the box rust away. It becomes a very difficult repair job when you get called for a loose cover. Short of breaking the slab it will never be right again.

If it was up to me it would be PVC boxes with quality brass covers.

Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.