Florida Building Code 2010 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellargato

Recently an electrical application submittal with a local City here in Florida was halted from approval.
Reason given FBC 107.5.8 States that Electrical plan prepared by Master Electrician to bear certificate of compentency number and notarized signature of license holder.

Usually when I turn in a permit application the permit app. form already requires a contractor signature and compentency number on form, which is specific to that permit you are trying to obtain along with plan/calc.. some municipalities do not even ask for notarized signature if the value is under $2500.00.

However this City asked for the plans to also be sign, notarized & license number on plan, job
< $2500. which I usually do anyways except for notorizing on plans , since I thought that is what the permit application covered was that signature whether notarized or not, I am the license holder and the only one on file with any City I do business in, no one else is authorized to pull a permit for me or the company.

So I tried to find this section in the Florida Building Code 2010 & earlier versions and could not find that specific section noted above 107.5.8 and in the 2010 FBC chapter one which deals with that area/section, for some reasons those section are listed as "Reserved". Does any one have any knowledge in this FBC stuff...

mgookin

Ask them if you can view their code book with this requirement since your code book does not have it. You never know what's going to pop up in an amendment or errata.
I've never heard of requiring a notary on the plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.