Florida CEU's for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

You might wanta check out www.Floridahardhat.com . They are trying to offer CEU class on 4 day cruises. The cost of the class and the cruise will be tax deductible. This is legit. He is a retired lawyer. I took my 2008 CEU's from him. 14 hours in one day. Sent me home with a workbook at 1:30 pm. He is looking for any interest in the cruise idea. Classes will be 3 4 hour sessions. That would be done on Sea Travel days. 3 cruses are planed. One in late 2009 and two in 2010. One out of Port Canaveral, one out of Miami and one out of Tampa. Cruise will be standard cost. Class will be reduced cost because the ship will provide meeting room for free. I have no ties to this site, just went to a class with him and was very impressed. Very entertaining.

bphgravity

Very interesting concept that could easily be looked at as a gimic. Like you, I would need to take a "ground" based course with him first to be sure I want to be stuck on a boat with him for 4 days straight.

Just so you know, the Gulf Coast Division will be providing ALL its members free CE courses next year that will cover all required hours. All you need to do is show up for the meeting / class...

mdshunk

Real Estate people have gotten their CEU's on cruises for decades. I guess it's just now crossing over to blue collar people. Heck, why do you think there's so many trade shows in Vegas? Same idea.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Interesting-- 14 hour CEU starts at 7am and goes til 6:30pm. You do the math..:D

Yes, very interesting, and then we have
This is legit. He is a retired lawyer.
Does the word "scam" come to mind?

What credentials does a "lawyer" have that qualifies him/her as an electrical instructor?

Roger

mdshunk

What credentials does a "lawyer" have that qualifies him/her as an electrical instructor?
Probably none. I see this as a tax deductible cruise, and you get some bonus CEU's while you're there. I'm sure there's plenty of guys who want their CEU's with the least amount of effort possible. To that end, the man fills a need in the marketplace.

peter d

Probably none. I see this as a tax deductible cruise, and you get some bonus CEU's while you're there. I'm sure there's plenty of guys who want their CEU's with the least amount of effort possible. To that end, the man fills a need in the marketplace.

Didn't you mention something about starting your own CEU type of deal? If so, where do I sign up?

mdshunk

I don't think it was CEU's...something else....I can't remember now, and I certainly don't know the right word chain to do a search. :-?
I might have talked about starting a school with the ultimate goal of hiring the decent graduates. Nothing like people paying you for a 2-year job interview.

Cavie

Interesting-- 14 hour CEU starts at 7am and goes til 6:30pm. You do the math..:D[/quot

In Florida 1/2 the class is business. GC'c, Plumbers, A/C etc, had to stay till 6:30. Electricians went home with workbook. why? I don't know, 1st base. Accepted by the powers to be. My guess would be he is not quilified to teach electric! The business section was very good.

Cavie

Very interesting concept that could easily be looked at as a gimic. Like you, I would need to take a "ground" based course with him first to be sure I want to be stuck on a boat with him for 4 days straight.

Just so you know, the Gulf Coast Division will be providing ALL its members free CE courses next year that will cover all required hours. All you need to do is show up for the meeting / class...

Love the idea, just don't know how to explain the 2 hr round trip drive for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.