Florida EC License; why "ECB"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavie

When I had my ER, my second business was ERA. Haven't had 2 with my EC. I would assume the same applies. I'm guessing ERB is #3. They allowed this after Charlie.

dezwitinc

westernexplorer said:
That seems like it would be a bad rule.....allowing a person to qualify 2 or 3 business...Just my opinion...

They don't make it easy to do it.
It requires an appearance before the State Board of Electricians and you need to have a pretty good explanation as to how you are going to handle the supervision of multiple companies and what your involvement is.
It may seem to be an open invitation for abuse but I think that the Board has done a pretty good job of policing it overall.
In my case, I kept my original one while we were in the process of starting a new company and as the ace in my back pocket in case it didn't work out.
Glad to say that it did though.
Now I am stuck with two licenses and two renewal fees.

Cavie

westernexplorer said:
That seems like it would be a bad rule.....allowing a person to qualify 2 or 3 business...Just my opinion...

I hear that all the time but nobody can tell me why it's not am good idea. Why can't you own more than one company??? Some Nascar boys own 3 and 4 cars in the Sprint cup series. They own additional cars in the in the nationwide series. Earnhardt owned Juniors and Waltrips cars when he died driving for Childress racing. what is the difference????????

barbeer

dezwitinc said:
Barbeer,
Where can I find that info.
When I read your reply, I checked my renewals that just came (for a mere $600) and they are both EC.

I dunno! I was actually informed of that from someone very "in the know", maybe!?

jrannis

Cavie said:
I hear that all the time but nobody can tell me why it's not am good idea. Why can't you own more than one company??? Some Nascar boys own 3 and 4 cars in the Sprint cup series. They own additional cars in the in the nationwide series. Earnhardt owned Juniors and Waltrips cars when he died driving for Childress racing. what is the difference????????

Maybe because you cant burn someones house down at a NASCAR Race and that you have 85,000 people supervising you:grin:

slect

really ?

really ?

westernexplorer said:
I have a company that does residential new work. Housing developments. I also bought and qualified a residential service company. A completely different business model. Made perfect sense.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Cavie said:
Earnhardt owned Juniors and Waltrips cars when he died driving for Childress racing. what is the difference????????

I would've let earnhardt go for all that side work he was doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.