Florida Licensing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Tech
I am considering a limited energy specialty license in Florida. I work for a very large telecommunications (and have done so for 16 years) and have never actually met the qualifier for our state (they hold an alarm license). I have concerns that they may deny filling out the experience part of the forms for me either because they don't personally know me or because corporate HR says no for some reason. Calls and emails to the customer support for the state on this scenario just end up with them copy and pasting vague info from the website. And I don't want to spend the money for materials and testing without some guidance here. Does anyone on here have recent experience with a contractor who won't or can't sign off on experience? I'm sure there are plenty of contractors who don't want to sign off and give themselves competitors so there must be something in place to prevent that right? I have w2 info going back 11 years or so and can dig up papers beyond that though.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I worked union so I didn't stay in any one place very long. I sent out requests to fill out the forms to all my former employers, about 20 companies. Out of a possible ten years worth of experience, only five and a half years worth got returned. I made multiple requests of many of them. Six years is the minimum and I had to resort to camping in out in their offices to get the additional hours I needed.

Occupation
Tech
But 6 years experience in the field was enough for them to accept it? The wording makes it sound much more strict than general experience. Also that's awful, they should really have a better way to prove it. I worked with a guy once that had a contractor straight up refuse, saying he didn't want more competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.