Fluke Meter Parts

4-20mA

an analog man in a digital world
Occupation
Instrumentation & Electrical
Looking for these meter socket lead insulators, or whatever they're called, if available? A quick Google search isn't giving me much help. Looking for an exploded parts diagram or parts list, but not having any luck. Let me know if you know where I can get a set. Thanks.

It's a Fluke 789. Pic for reference.
ac69cb204427872afc6b1a46bd8b9a43.jpg

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Go ahead and contact Fluke. I use to have my meters calibrated on a regular basis and they were always very accommodating

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I had an 87 that I got reconditioned for free. We bought so much from Graybar, they sent it off. Came back like brand new, calibrated, they cleaned the case, new leads.

4-20mA

Occupation
Last one I had done was that. I decided you could buy a new meter for that and quit sending them in.
Not a 789... but sure, for some other meter, maybe.

Thanks for the heads up on the 250$ thing, I'll look into that.

4-20mA

Occupation
$714.52, plus tax plus one-way shipping is what was quoted by Fluke to repair any issues and full calibration...

Yea, no, thanks. For that much I'll have to wait until it doesn't work at all to be able to talk my manager into that... sucks! I didn't even do the damage to the meter, which is really what irks me. If I have to use some janky, I at least want to be the one who gets to do the abuse to the tool...sheesh.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
$714.52, plus tax plus one-way shipping is what was quoted by Fluke to repair any issues and full calibration...

Yea, no, thanks. For that much I'll have to wait until it doesn't work at all to be able to talk my manager into that... sucks! I didn't even do the damage to the meter, which is really what irks me. If I have to use some janky, I at least want to be the one who gets to do the abuse to the tool...sheesh.
Dang! That's alot more than the $250 I paid years ago!
Sounds like Fluke is just trying to sell new meters by pricing the repair so high!

4-20mA

Occupation
Which device is that for? Or is it a flat fee for any meter? (I didn't see a price list on the link above, and I'm not going to create an account just to check.)
For the 789 Process Meter referenced in the OP...

4-20mA

Occupation
Which device is that for? Or is it a flat fee for any meter? (I didn't see a price list on the link above, and I'm not going to create an account just to check.)
I'm pretty sure it's priced per meter... I only say that because my neighbors sent their 729 back that got fried, and it was $2500 flat fee for that one, it's a $12,000 auto calibration meter though.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You can find 4mm banana sockets on amazon. whether they would work or not I don't know.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
You can find 4mm banana sockets on amazon. whether they would work or not I don't know.
I guess it depends on how handy you think you are around circuit boards. Or at least, my 73 has the jacks soldered directly to the board.