Fluke Networks MS2 vs. Klein VDV Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Anyone own either of these ?

I need a new wire testing/mapping meter. Klein has a really attractive price on their VDV commander series (VDV-501) and it offers more features than the Fluke at basically the same price point. You can actually buy a whole Klein kit for what just the MS2 cost alone. I’ve been researching and it looks like the Klein is a re-brand from another company, which just bothers me from a service and warranty standpoint.

I know Fluke is Fluke, but is this Klein meter worth looking into? I just don’t want to waste dollars on something that isn’t going to be fully reliable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I ended up buying the Fluke. The Klein meter shows up in their networking tools page, but also shows up under discontinued items. All things considered I just didn’t feel confident in Klein providing future warranty support or even tech support if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Whenever I look to purchase test equipment I always lean towards the traditional test equipment manufacturers. Electrical tool manufacturers such as Klein, Greenlee, etc seemed to jump on the bandwagon when ECs started getting into VDV. They are certainly not bad companies but I never had faith in some of their test products.

-Hal

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Yeh ultimately seemed like they just aren’t committed to the vdv meter line ..... I bought a Klein clamp meter a few years ago though that is still going but needs to be replaced soon. They don’t make that model now, and the new ones I looked at feel much cheaper than what I have, so likely about to buy another Fluke to replace that also. The new T6 looks like a good everyday meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.