Fluke T+ Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

Does anyone have/use the Fluke T+ testers yet? I was checking one out at the supply house display recently and after using the display model I want to chuck all my Vol-cons and buy one. :cool:

F-TPro_17a_200p.jpg

76nemo

peter d said:
Does anyone have/use the Fluke T+ testers yet? I was checking one out at the supply house display recently and after using the display model I want to chuck all my Vol-cons and buy one. :cool:

F-TPro_17a_200p.jpg

What would you like for specifics? I'll start with this, the T+'s are CAT rated, are your old solenoid testers rated:-? Peter, for $85, why not? There is one thing I do not like. When reading real voltage, the tester vibrates, and the vibration is NOT selectable. I get in a large enough service, and the last thing I'd want is something vibrating in my hands while testing, it just doesn't sit well with me:cool:

electricalperson

peter d said:

F-TPro_17a_200p.jpg
i use the T+pro tester and i like it a lot. has a little flashlight on the tip of it to see inside of dark places

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Bean using this outdoors lately for DC. Can't see the screan or LED's in bright light, so I often depend on the Vibration. Batteries hold up nice it hot weather or lock-box storage in the heat, but not required for every measurement.

The best thing about this meter is there's no switch between the continuity tone and voltage readings, its automatic, no more blown meters or fuses. Also, other people can't just grab it and start using it without my instruction.

One problem is the probe holder slots don't grip as well as the older VoltCons. The probes are always falling off the frame. When this happens in my tool bag, its a tangled mess; when its on my tool belt I'm tripping over the dangling leads. This unit needs a seperate velcro strap to secure those leads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.