fog machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

malachi

my wife works at public school they have an american dj portable fog machine it has a 400watt heater that is cloged any suggestions? 1/16 inch orifce thank you

Best way to deal with A-DJ fog machines is to gently place the machine in a properly sized cardboard box, then drop it in the nearest dumpster. This will save time in the long run.

For unclogging, distilled water in the resevour and a piece of 22g bare solid wire to poke things out. Stainless steel wire if you have some.

mdshunk

Fog machines use a Glycol solution roughly equivalent to automotive antifreeze. It will snot up. Boiling water will get it going again.

Special note.... I rented a fog machine once to find the other end of several old conduit stubs. It worked pretty well for that.

wireguru

be careful about the automotive antifreeze vs fog fluid. antifreeze contains ethylene glycol which is quite poisonous. fog fluid is (or is supposed to be) food grade propylene glycol

jerm

fog juice is propylene glycol, glycerin, and water. Good stuff... different manu's use different ratios, so you should only use the same brand as your fogger.

hazers are much cooler imho.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes on this web site you folks fog me with all your knowledge. But I use gaffer tape (which comes from the entertainment industry) for taping down my cables during a class. Once you use it you'll take your duct tape, put it in a box and put it in the dumpster.

dbuckley

If the thing still works at all, then run dilute white vinegar through the thing. Careful, the resulting steam is acidic and will make a mess of things and isn't at all nice to breath, so outdoors is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.