Follow-up to the Mod Squad thread - hopefully to be inserted there

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
georgestolz said:
From now on, if a thread is closed, and you want the last word, I will make it happen. If you open a new thread with the last response, as long as it is dated after the last post of a closed thread, when your post and the closed thread are merged, chronologically you will have the last word.

That is my personal offer to you, and I mean it.

Thank you, George, you are a genuine gentleman, and I shall endeavor to not abuse the priveledge. I hope that, while there was a touch of real annoyance in my OP, that my intended tongue-in-cheek undertone came through, and I do appreciate the opportunity to speak from the heart and be heard.

I also appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread, as well as the restraint from flying completely off the handle and proving to the Mod Squad and the general population that we're a complete bunch of animals.

We had the chance to show the world (or our little piece of it, anyway) that we can behave ourselves, and I believe we proved that we are ladies and gentlemen, we can moderate ourselves, and we know how to have fun like adults.

celtic said:
This is pathetic.....the thread will neither be the #1 replied too, nor the #1 viewed.
Maybe we should go back to talking about electricity ?

Don't feel bad; we had fun and a chance to breathe and relax for a day. This is by far the best forum on the WWW, and I expect to be a life-long member, and with any luck and a bit of care, along with what we all share here, that will be a long membership indeed!

iwire

Staff member
LarryFine said:
Thank you, George, you are a genuine gentleman, and I shall endeavor to not abuse the priveledge.

So let me get this straight.

If I complain that others have special privileges, I will be given my own special privileges? :grin:

What a perfect solution. :confused:

LarryFine

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
iwire said:

If I complain that others have special privileges, I will be given my own special privileges? :grin:

Hey, don't blame me! George made the offer. Go yell at him. :D

tallguy

iwire said:

Sorta like communism... "from each according to his means, to each according to his needs"... Politboro members need dachas on the Black Sea and chauffered Cadillacs, for instance.

mxslick

Thank you to the Mod Squad!!!

Thank you to the Mod Squad!!!

A big thanks to them for allowing the freedom of that potentially dangerous thread to run its course..as was said by a few others, it showed what great people are here and how well behaved we generally are. :)

Perhaps it can be done say every six months as a little fun session..or better yet, why not once a year, on the anniversary of the first post? Then Larry will have a tradition in his honor. :D

Larry has inspired me to change my signature too in light of my "contribution" to the thread. :wink:

iwire

Staff member
Well it sounds cool and certainly would make a great 5PM news 'sound bite'

Arc faults are going to be the airbags of the electrical industry.

Now if I could just figure out what it means.

Airbags work and save many lives, we should be so lucky to have AFCIs do as much.

mxslick

You're right Bob, but that was my old signature line..it was a reference to an (initially) unproven, poorly developed technology being forced unto the public. :)

Here's the new one on this post...

Oh, yeah, I read on the other thread where you mentioned that editing the quote made it worse..did I interpret that correctly? I hadn't thought of it that way, but I can see where the edit would make it sound worse......

LarryFine

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
mxslick said:
Larry has inspired me to change my signature too in light of my "contribution" to the thread. :wink:
I must 'fess up that I didn't put that line in my signature, but I did add the "and proud of it!" part.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
LarryFine said:
Don't feel bad; we had fun and a chance to breathe and relax for a day.

I cant believe I missed out. I'm going to get a cat in case this kind of thing comes up again. That thread was a great read. Thanks to all.

celtic

LarryFine said:
I must 'fess up that I didn't put that line in my signature, but I did add the "and proud of it!" part.
Maybe you want to change your avatar to something more appropiate:
censored.jpg

censored.gif

rubberStamp.gif

censor.jpg

iwire

Staff member
mxslick said:
I read on the other thread where you mentioned that editing the quote made it worse..did I interpret that correctly?

No, I thought it was great of you to self edit,:smile: I was just clening up the qoute of your original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.