ford transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

Going to look at a 2012 transit tommorrow. It will primarily function as a service van for residential calls. Is anyone using one in your fleet or as a primary work van? looking at 21000 for the one in stock pretty basic LX model. Gss milage is a mjor sell point as we log alot of miles each week. Our fuel bill was 1600 this month.

John120/240

Will a 6 foot step ladder fit inside ? Will the rear end be draggin with a couple of 1000 foot

rolls of 14-2, or 12-2 plus all of the other pareniphila ? Do they come with sliding doors on both

sides ? I imagine keeping the left door closed to allow shelves from the rear door to the

bulkhead.

Rewire

Will a 6 foot step ladder fit inside ? Will the rear end be draggin with a couple of 1000 foot

rolls of 14-2, or 12-2 plus all of the other pareniphila ? Do they come with sliding doors on both

sides ? I imagine keeping the left door closed to allow shelves from the rear door to the

bulkhead.

dont know about ladders but it is a service van so I probably wont have 1000 ft spools of wire.

Buck Parrish

It's built on one of their small ford 4 cylinder car frames. It's probably okay for service. I don't think a six ft ladder will fit unless you let it extend in between the seats.
Of course you can install a ladder rack and conduit holder on top.
The one I looked at the top inside had carpet on it like a passenger van. The salesman said taxes are so high to send a commercial van here. They put seats in it then send it here as a passenger van. Take the seats out, send them back overseas to be used the same way again.

Rewire

It's built on one of their small ford 4 cylinder car frames. It's probably okay for service. I don't think a six ft ladder will fit unless you let it extend in between the seats.
Of course you can install a ladder rack and conduit holder on top.
The one I looked at the top inside had carpet on it like a passenger van. The salesman said taxes are so high to send a commercial van here. They put seats in it then send it here as a passenger van. Take the seats out, send them back overseas to be used the same way again.

one of the HVAC companies is using them for service I have looked at my American Van cataloge they have racks and aluminum shelving.

Buck Parrish

one of the HVAC companies is using them for service I have looked at my American Van cataloge they have racks and aluminum shelving.
PHP:

It's been at least a years since I looked at one. It sure had carpet in it. But, yes they do retrofit them. I have seen alot of people useing them.

Buck Parrish

They say 27 mpg which is triple what my other vans get Ill know more tommorrow what it is like

Yeah, let me know how you like it. That's good gas milege.

I wish they still made the Chevy Astro, that was a good van. 6 cyl. 4.3 liter.

Also don't forget, if Romney gets in, gas prices should come way down.

Rewire

Yeah, let me know how you like it. That's good gas milege.

I wish they still made the Chevy Astro, that was a good van. 6 cyl. 4.3 liter.

Also don't forget, if Romney gets in, gas prices should come way down.

We have an Astro its a great little van you need a pipe tube as there is no way to get it inside.Not many used ones out there.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
today was over $300 getting new starter on the chevy 3500 it will be nice to have a vehicle under warranty for a change

I don't know how good warranties are if they wiggle out of them, I had to replace the fuel pump on a Tundra I had 4-5 times before 60,000 miles, for some reason the company kept paying for it at around $1400 a pop. They finally fixed what I thought was wrong with it all along, a cracked electrical connector on top of the fuel tank. I think it took 4 different Toyota dealers before they found the problem, and that was after the last one replaced the fuel pump again, and it failed 10 miles away from the dealership.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Going to look at a 2012 transit tommorrow. It will primarily function as a service van for residential calls.

the kiss of death is weight for them... if i was going to set one up,
i'd look long and hard at this system....

http://www.tanosmobil.de/default.asp?oid=003&lid=En

tanos is the company that makes festool's equipment boxes.
their stuff rocks. it's light, strong, and makes keeping stuff
sorted easy.

and for ladders, the Type 1A Revolution XE #22 will fit cross bed
in a van, and the weight is ok, and it's the only ladder i carry unless
i need to toss a large extension ladder up on top... and i almost never
have to do that... that one ladder is all i carry, and i never run into
a problem with getting where i need to get.

the model 26 will get me up on a tilt up roof, and IT fits cross bed in my
van.

tx2step

and for ladders, the Type 1A Revolution XE #22 will fit cross bed
in a van, and the weight is ok, and it's the only ladder i carry unless
i need to toss a large extension ladder up on top... and i almost never
have to do that... that one ladder is all i carry, and i never run into
a problem with getting where i need to get.

the model 26 will get me up on a tilt up roof, and IT fits cross bed in my
van.

Since these are aluminum ladders, do you take any additional precautions to reduce the chances of getting shocked? Like setting the ladder on a rubber mat or some other insulator? I'm sure you try to work on things de-energized, but stuff happens... I like the design of this series of ladders...I'm just kinda scared to use anything but fiberglass.

PetrosA

I've used a few Little Giant ladders and don't want one of my own. They're heavy, and I've come close to losing a finger a few times while folding them back up. I got an Xtend & Climb 770P which works great in a LOT of situations that neither an extension or step ladder would be good in and it's a fraction of the weight of a Little Giant. I plan on upgrading to a 785P when I can for a little extra reach and support, but the 770P has been working great. As always, YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.