Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have the NFPA online through them, but I was looking more for a forum like this one (that is exceptional by the way) that extends beyond just the NEC. I used this forum often when I was only in the Electrical field but now, the scope of my job extends beyond the reach of this forum unfortunately. And since the NFPA encompasses the NEC, yes there are many technical issues that are often argued from person to person just like the NEC is until someone comes along and clarifies. Which is why this forum is so great, there are so many NEC knowledgeable folks here that have at one time or another run into nearly any imagineable problem.

I don't think there is a forum on the NFPA.org site unfortunately. Thanks for the input though.

pierre

If you need specific information, such as electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, you will need to go to sites for the specifics just like this site. I highly doubt that presently there is a one site fits all available.
Google each topic and have some fun.

You know that's probably where I'll end up, since the NFPA applies to a lot of trades overall. It's really unfortunate there is no NFPA inspector forum out there or something along those lines though. I was hoping someone here knew something I didn't. :)

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Try going to:
http://www.nfpa.org/
From the uper right menu, click on "Member Access" / "Member Sections" / electrical
NFPA has developed message boards so that Section members can discuss the latest trends and developments in their field, and interact and exchange ideas with colleagues from around the world.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Safety Guy said:
Ramsey,

That cost $135. That's a lot of dough just to chat.

No one said that the NFPA is cheap. There has been some debate here over the NFPA charging $125 for a $.50 CD, but if you really need their forum you'll have to shell out the cash just like those of us who purchased their CD's.

joe tedesco

Frequently asked questions

Safety Guy said:
Does anyone know if there is a more expansive forum that includes all the the NFPA and not just the NEC section? :?:
When you go to: www.nfpa.org search for:

The page that appears will take you to the area where other FAQ's and NFPA Standards and Doucment are discussed, members can also ask for a Formal Interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.