Forward phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Ever heard this phrase before? I got a call from a gentleman dimming Halo 1499's with a Crestron system. He said the Crestron guy said the cans need to be 'forward phase'??? We dim 1499's with these systems all the time.

Thanks

cadpoint

The phrase exists if you ask to Define it in your favorite search engine 'forward phase', gives patented results so someones thought about it...

Here's an abstract of what their Patent did:

A lamp contains a lamp voltage conversion circuit that is entirely within a base for converting a line voltage at a lamp terminal to an RMS load voltage at a light emitting element. The voltage conversion circuit includes a forward clipping circuit with a three-terminal thyristor that forward clips a load voltage to define the RMS load voltage, and a time-based pulse source that provides pulses the trigger conduction of the three-terminal thyristor at constant time intervals that are independent of the magnitude of the line voltage.

From this patent Here

No, I've never heard of it and to me it sounds like the Crestron guy needs to provide something that does it is, based of what I thought the Abstract said...:roll:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Ever heard this phrase before? I got a call from a gentleman dimming Halo 1499's with a Crestron system. He said the Crestron guy said the cans need to be 'forward phase'??? We dim 1499's with these systems all the time.

Thanks
Are you having trouble with these cans? If so how?

nakulak

I haven't used crestron, but with lutron dimming panels you have to select the fixture type for each board (zone) (ie low voltage, flour, incand, etc). I know that if you use the wrong dimming function it can damage the board or the fixtures. don't know if this helps or not.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Are you having trouble with these cans?

No sir.

I haven't used crestron, but with lutron dimming panels you have to select the fixture type for each board (zone) (ie low voltage, flour, incand, etc). I know that if you use the wrong dimming function it can damage the board or the fixtures. don't know if this helps or not.

Thank you, we are aware of that. Just the first time this has been brought up by the system programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.