480sparky

And I'll bet you good money you thought TR receps were a new invention:

From the 1916 Bryant-Perkins catalog:

1916TR.jpg

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
4th line in the first pix? Yeah, I saw that too. Must be a typo. Dang kypewriter keys!
That's the one. " . . . live parts are ever accessible . . . "

Pop quiz: where is this missing-N line from?: "Over hill, over dale, our love will ever fail."

480sparky

That's the one. " . . . live parts are ever accessible . . . "

Pop quiz: where is this missing-N line from?: "Over hill, over dale, our love will ever fail."

LIP says "PU. That stinks!"

M*A*S*H. Margaret loses her ring, and Klinger buys another one and has it engraved.

What do I win?

480sparky

My ever-ending admiration. :wink:

What???? No pie?????;)

A similar storyline aired on the sitcom WINGS/NBC/1990-97 when Joe Hackett (Timothy Daly) realized the inscription on the ring he planned to give his fianc?e Helen Chappel (Crystal Bernard) misspelled Helen's name. It read: "To my darling Melen." The ring had "I" 2 clarity and a slight flaw in it's girdle.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Retraction: After looking again at the OP pic, the left edge of the text is missing from the scan, and probably reads: "... so that no live parts are ever accessible ..."

PJ gets credit for noticing that, based on the non-visible text of the other lines of the paragraph, above the apparently-missing 'no.' She's got a sharp eye.

Two, really.

480sparky

Retraction: After looking again at the OP pic, the left edge of the text is missing from the scan, and probably reads: "... so that no live parts are ever accessible ..."

PJ gets credit for noticing that, based on the non-visible text of the other lines of the paragraph, above the apparently-missing 'no.' She's got a sharp eye.

Two, really.

"Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those peepers?"

Problem is due to the binding of the book being so tight I can't get the inside edge of the page to lay flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.