FSD circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thank you in advance for your attention.
I am working in a 60 unit residential building. The prints show each FSD damper on its own circuit. The current draw is negligible and I would like to use one circuit to feed groups of FSDs located in the same area.
I can't find anything in the 2014 code book that would prohibit me from doing this. They are not listed as a critical fire circuit and there are no notes in the prints stating any special considerations.
Have I missed anything?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I am working in a 60 unit residential building. The prints show each FSD damper on its own circuit. The current draw is negligible and I would like to use one circuit to feed groups of FSDs located in the same area.
I can't find anything in the 2014 code book that would prohibit me from doing this. They are not listed as a critical fire circuit and there are no notes in the prints stating any special considerations.
Have I missed anything?

yes. what you have missed is that the prints asked for it and that is what you presumably contractually agreed to do when you accepted the P.O. Just because something is not required by code does not mean it cannot be required contractually. The contract often asks for thing not required by the code. That is kind of the point of a contract. Otherwise it would just say wire it as cheap as possible while meeting all appropriate codes.

FSD circuits

Thank you, Peter, for your interesting point of view. Not really looking for insight on contractual obligations. I thought it was clear I was making sure there were no code violations or safety issues with grouping FSDs in the manner I presented.
If I have any legal concerns about my contract I will be sure to include you in the discussion. Thanks again.

mgookin

Have I missed anything?

If this is part of an addressable system they may want individual control of each damper. I'd call the guy who drew the plans before making any changes.

Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.