do9b5n6l

New User
Occupation
Occupied, electrically
Hi folks.
  • 1980s 1bedroom apartment
  • old fuses (not breakers)
  • several 220V 50hz stoves/ovens
With all fuses engaged, if you turn a burner up past half way or several on at the same time (and/or the oven), something trips (CHUNK! sound) at the fuse box which interrupts the (GREEN ASTERISK) circuit (fuses don't blow) I've determined that if I disengage a certain fuse, (RED ASTERISK) stoves can draw what they need.
Questions:
  • Am I correct in assuming this is not something I can easily fix? We cannot leave the other (RED ASTERISK) 10amp fuse disengaged permanently because it is part of the hot water heater circuit.
  • In the stove's manual, there are some figures in watt hours which represent consumption I think but I don't know how to calculate to determine if the draw is more than the 32amp circuit can handle. (landlord is trying to say our stove's are the problem but I'm 99% sure they are not - Previous tenant had a wonky setup with gas stove I suspect because they couldn't get electric stove to work either)
Thanks!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

To better help us serve you, please be sure to update your account details with your occupation field and location if you have not done so already. You can access your account details by clicking on your account name at the top right of the page when on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.