FYI Legrand RF controls only come in white, light alm, & nickel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I should've already known this, but the RF controls (which are part of the 'Radiant' collection) do not come in all Radiant colors.

Had my supplier send me a sample plate of all colors for the interior designer, and they picked grey; none of the RF controls, intercom, or audio controls come in this color. Nor does the command center.

So now I have to go back with egg on my face and tell the customer. No one had ever chosen anything other than white or light almond, so I never bothered to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electric-Light

I should've already known this, but the RF controls (which are part of the 'Radiant' collection) do not come in all Radiant colors.

Had my supplier send me a sample plate of all colors for the interior designer, and they picked grey; none of the RF controls, intercom, or audio controls come in this color. Nor does the command center.

So now I have to go back with egg on my face and tell the customer. No one had ever chosen anything other than white or light almond, so I never bothered to look.

How about through their sister brands P&S or Watt Stoppers?

JFletcher

I feel for ya. Our commercial customers used to all go with ivory. No problem. Then, in a six month span, white, almond, and light almond all appeared on specs, as did specific colors of cat5e/cat6 keystones.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
How about through their sister brands P&S or Watt Stoppers?

I sold this customer an Intuity home control system; I know the WS scene controllers are not compatible with Intuity, so I don't think the RF controls are but I'll verify. The issue with that still though is I have to use the Legrand scene controllers, and they only come in the 3 colors.

Also, the audio controls and intercom devices don't come in grey, which probably isn't as big a deal but having switch devices not match isn't going to be acceptable.

It's a good idea though; I'll call my Legrand rep and see what he says.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I feel for ya. Our commercial customers used to all go with ivory. No problem. Then, in a six month span, white, almond, and light almond all appeared on specs, as did specific colors of cat5e/cat6 keystones.

Yeh I can't remember the last time I did a commercial job that didn't use ivory. That's my least favorite color too.

JFletcher

Yeh I can't remember the last time I did a commercial job that didn't use ivory. That's my least favorite color too.

Not my least favorite color, I'm sure Pepto-Bismol pink and baby **** green are far worse. But it did build to a head on one project where we used light almond, and so did the EC... we didn't go with the same supplier, so they were different shades. He wanted us, the LE contractor, to redo everything, until we gave him a price for it.

"I really loved this hotel, I'd give it 5 stars, except the device plates for the electrical and communication were different shades", wrote no one ever.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Not my least favorite color, I'm sure Pepto-Bismol pink and baby **** green are far worse. But it did build to a head on one project where we used light almond, and so did the EC... we didn't go with the same supplier, so they were different shades. He wanted us, the LE contractor, to redo everything, until we gave him a price for it.

"I really loved this hotel, I'd give it 5 stars, except the device plates for the electrical and communication were different shades", wrote no one ever.

Probably got mixed up with light almond and almond

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
. But it did build to a head on one project where we used light almond, and so did the EC... we didn't go with the same supplier, so they were different shades. He wanted us, the LE contractor, to redo everything, until we gave him a price for it.

About 10 years ago I was on a pricey custom residential job..... I used all Leviton devices in light almond. It wasn't until I was done with the trim out and looking around that i noticed half of the devices and plates were a slightly different shade from the others.

I called leviton up to ask what was going on, and was informed they had changed the color of their light almond, and just sent everything out to be mixed up in the wild.

I bought all of the devices at Home Depot because no supply house was stocking decora light almond devices at the time.

It took two weeks for leviton to track down enough devices of the same color for me to replace everything.

HD did swap the devices for me, but I couldn't get any compensation for my time.

I've been using P&S since then.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
So an update to this ....

The dimmers have face-change kits available for all Radiant colors, but switches and scene controllers do not. That's disappointing.

Also, the intercoms are only available in white & light almond.

I get they prob don't sell a lot of these, but the residential customers I deal with are willing to pay the cost of having additional color faces to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.