FYI: This may or may not help anyone, but here goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CONTROL FREQ

I work at a major company in Ohio, I've been in this line of work (industrial maintenance/electricity) for a lot of years. I recently learned from a representative of a utility provider, that every VFD I have bought, installed or added to my facility since 2008 is eligible for a rebate between $60-$100 per horsepower. Since I did not know of this beforehand, and did not "pre-qualify" I (the company I work for) is only eligible for 75% of that money---up till this point. Nice thing is, I have documentation for replacing 780 h.p. worth of VFD's in that time frame so far (and i just started), and that doesn't even include the new equipment installs, which are also eligible. We're probably going to end up with around a hundred grand in rebates. Of course by 'we' I mean 'they', but you get the point. you may or may not save your boss the $$$ he would've paid you over the next year or two. Just trying to help people that have helped me.:)

Thanks,
Mike

mbeatty

I work at a major company in Ohio, I've been in this line of work (industrial maintenance/electricity) for a lot of years. I recently learned from a representative of a utility provider, that every VFD I have bought, installed or added to my facility since 2008 is eligible for a rebate between $60-$100 per horsepower. Since I did not know of this beforehand, and did not "pre-qualify" I (the company I work for) is only eligible for 75% of that money---up till this point. Nice thing is, I have documentation for replacing 780 h.p. worth of VFD's in that time frame so far (and i just started), and that doesn't even include the new equipment installs, which are also eligible. We're probably going to end up with around a hundred grand in rebates. Of course by 'we' I mean 'they', but you get the point. you may or may not save your boss the $$$ he would've paid you over the next year or two. Just trying to help people that have helped me.:)

Thanks,
Mike

Good info to know. Thanks Mike. :thumbsup:

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered

Thanks,
Mike

Ask if their willing to mail the rebate check to a P.O. Box number! :angel:

CONTROL FREQ

Ask if their willing to mail the rebate check to a P.O. Box number! :angel:

I already asked them to mail it to mine!!:D After-all I did all the work... and they're getting the rebates for the servos too! I wonder how many of them can turn Newton meters into H.P.! Wish I was rich instead of so darn good-looking...:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.