G.F.C.I.'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

eager2learn

I know that outside receptacles have to be protected by a G.F.C.I. - my question is, do all have to be individually protected or could i have just one protecting all the others as long as they are terminated on the load side of the first G.F.I. involved in the circuit and then all other receptacle daisy chained with a weatherproof box and cover installed ?

luke warmwater

Re: G.F.C.I.'s

You could, for example, install a GFCI receptacle in the garage, and come off of the load side to the front and rear outside receptacles.
The front and rear receptacles would be 'GFCI protected' as required by 210.8(A).

eager2learn

heres my situation - i have a patio that is being built and the home owner wants me to install two receptacles under the patio which of course is outside and two more where a future pool is going to be aswell as b.b.q. so what your telling me is that as long as the first receptacle is
g.f.c.i. protected i can install the remaining three on the load side of that g.f.c.i. and they will all be protected - correct

physis

Yes.

A receptacle connected to the load side terminals of a GFI is also GFI protected and satisfies NEC requirements for GFI protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.