gas cabinets, bond,ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reviewing plans for a college lab that will have several gas cabinets with tanks of various gasses. detection devices will be installed. in this same room are fume hoods, carbon furnaces,vacuum pumps, and other lab equipment.
My question to you all should the gas cabinets themselves be bonded,and/or grounded?

Thank You

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I am reviewing plans for a college lab that will have several gas cabinets with tanks of various gasses. detection devices will be installed. in this same room are fume hoods, carbon furnaces,vacuum pumps, and other lab equipment.
My question to you all should the gas cabinets themselves be bonded,and/or grounded?

Thank You

Not infrequently these gas cabinets come equipped with valve panels that contain solenoid operated valves. The controller usually has a 120VAC feed, although the solenoids are 24VDC IIRC. Grounding/bonding might be a good idea.

John120/240

Thank You

Are these cabinets similar to Paint/Flammable storage cabinets except you are storing gas cylinders ?

Is additional bonding required for Paint cabinets ?

Last edited:

cadpoint

I've seen all types of cylinders of Gas in cabinets/vaults, I don't know myself, I never gave it a thought.
But all are like stated by gladfly statement monitored, alarmed, visual signal poles, various, etc.

Here is a broad list of references but nothing that specific as to your question but this
is based from the semi conductor industry view but do mention some NFPA, ANSI, UL, +
again nothing that specific, hope this helps

http://hightechdesignsafety.com/semi-ehs-facilities/

and Google of

S2-92

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.