Gas Dryer Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdckd

I am confused about where (per code) to include the 6A/120V load for a GAS clothes dryer in the load calcs for a residential unit, and subsequent calcs for the apartment bldg with multiple of this unit.

It could certainly go on the single laundry circuit with the 10A/120V washer, but I usually like to have a dedicated circuit for anything 10A or over. However, If I go the dedicated circuit route, then I seem to be forced to add an additional load to my calcs considering it as a 2nd laundry circuit or an appliance load per 220.14.

Am I misinterpreting something?

ckdckd

Thank you for the reply.

However, if I decided to put a dedicated circuit for the dryer (or if my client insisted), what would the load be considered....laundry or appliance?

jumper

Thank you for the reply.

However, if I decided to put a dedicated circuit for the dryer (or if my client insisted), what would the load be considered....laundry or appliance?

Call it a laundry circuit, run a 20A circuit, and put dryer and general laundry area recs on it. Run a separate circuit for washer if that what you want.

You are really kinda overthinking this a bit IMO, no need to over complicate it.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would see what the motor load is on the dryer and calculate it that way as it is a motor load.

I am not certain what the load is of a washing machine so it may be wise to add the gas dryer load in-- Probably not more than 6 amps or 720 watts

Status
Not open for further replies.