Gas Station Service Violation????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

Shouldn't the service lateral have a seal off fitting? If not why?

I dont do very many projects that require seal offs, so Im not up to speed on all of the requirements, but I dont believe that would require one, unless the service laterals are passing through where the pumps and tanks are installed, the purpose of the seal offs is to block gasses from wicking through the conduits into the building.

charlie

. . . I don't believe that would require one, unless the service laterals are passing through where the pumps and tanks are installed, . .
I agree and wrote the following for training IPL engineers:

Section 514.7. Wiring above any Class I location must comply with Section 511-7. IPL service drops, primary or secondary lines must either meet these wiring requirements or not cross over any Class I area. The only logical choice is to refuse to cross a Class I area and demand that the point of service be located in a manner that IPL can comply. Be aware that the Class I area can extend into an easement and preclude IPL from the full rights to the use of that easement. If an easement is encroached upon, with a Class I area, the IPL project engineer is to treat the relocation(s) the same as if a customer had located a driveway in the same location as a pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.