gas stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonaslc

An unattended self service gasoline station is required to have two emergency disconnects, what is the maximum distance from the dispenser that one of the disconnects may be located?
a)20' b)40' c)50' d)100'

Ariticle 514-5(c) states that the emergency controls shall be more than 20' but less than 100'.
I am using a 1999 code book. Has there been any changes to this article or would the answer be compatable with either b) or c)

Thanks luke. I just didn't pay attention to the details "maximum". They will get you every time.

[ March 03, 2003, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: jonaslc ]

luke warmwater

Re: gas stations

The article has been renamed. 514-5 is now 514.11 but it still reads the same. Your answer is in (C).
Out of curiosity, what is going on in Utah, with all of these test questions? Is it a renewal test or a prep test???

jonaslc

I actually have a colorado journeyman that I am trying to renew. Utah only requires one 8 hour class of continuing education per year. No tests.
Colorado requires you to take a renewal test every 2 years.

cubi99

hey, warmwater, we're electricians, and no question is ever "dumb". We share our knowledge, without making a judgment, just because the question was asked! give the individual the answer, or help him or her find it the answer, but don't sit there and ----!

luke warmwater

cubi99, "don't sit there and ----" what???
My post said nothing about the question being "dumb". Nor was I judging anybody.
I answered his question and pointed him in the right direction. If you read his post, he even thanked me (your welcome jonas). My curiosity as to why he was asking was nothing more than that and I do not feel that there was anything offensive in my statement.
If you feel that I was out of line, please contact a moderator and give them your opinion. Thank-you for your concern. Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.