GC fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
GC requires in bid to supply all the POCO cost and phone co cost as part of bid. Has anyone run into that? Usually this is all done preconstruction any advise with these types of bids

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
GC requires in bid to supply all the POCO cost and phone co cost as part of bid. Has anyone run into that? Usually this is all done preconstruction any advise with these types of bids
If it is a bid requirement, you need to figure out what it is going to cost and include it.

Alternately you could submit a bid excluding those items, but that might be viewed in a negative way and get your bid disqualified.

Best bet is probably to just ask the GC about it informally and find out if they are willing to allow you to submit a bid excluding it if you are unwilling to include it in your scope.

masterinbama

Most of the time here, POCO drawings and fees are not available at bid time.

At the most the building engineer and utility engineer will have agreed on a transformer location.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I will include if required on EC; but like it was said above sometimes you cannot get that cost from utilities by bid time and will have to write an exclusion.

90% of the time when it specifies the EC to include the cost, the GC will pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdslotz

Most of the time here, POCO drawings and fees are not available at bid time.

At the most the building engineer and utility engineer will have agreed on a transformer location.

This ^^^^ Always exclude unless the owner already has those estimates from poco...and then I'll be glad to mark up their price and include it

Status
Not open for further replies.