GE FUJI VFD - Ground Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
GE FUJI drives are obsolete and I am not able to get tech support. Does anyone know if there are ground screws, MOVs, etc. that need to be removed with operating on a high resistant ground system? They are AF-300 and AF-300E$ series.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Probably not. Most of the Japanese drive mfrs (Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Fuji etc.) do not deal with ungrounded or resistance grounded systems at all, they simply tell you is it not suited for installation on anything other than a solidly grounded system (if that). Toshiba is the only exception to that rule that I have found, I think because they actually make (made?) their drives for the North American market here (in Texas). One would think that GE would have had them add that information, but GE was already on the downhill slope of dissolving when they made their deal with Fuji, so I think they were asleep at the wheel on a lot of details. Now that they are owned by ABB, the support for older brand-labeled products is pretty much gone.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
At least one of the Fuji drive manuals I read many years ago demanded a drive isolation transformer if it was not a solidly grounded system, although the translation from Japanese to English made it really hard to understand what they actually wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.