Ge spectra switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC1302

Could use some assistance locating repair parts for an ADS 36600HB and an ADS36400HB. The switches were opened to perform maint on a chiller, and it was noted that the lever handles were broken on the inside. GE rep says have to replace the whole unit, which seems ridiculous. Almighty Zog or any help would be appreciated

Steve

Last edited:

USMC1302

Zog: I have some pictures I'll try to PM you. It appears the mechanical parts on the inside that connect the handle are broken/missing, and there are red plastic blocks near the lugs that are cracked.

rwolff

Same problem here

Same problem here

I'm just going through the same problem here with a "ADS36400HB".
The three plastic arc shields were cracked. My boss got the same story from G.E., buy new.

He found a third party which sells parts but, 6 of these cost us $700. Why 6, right below this unit is another which has never been operated since it's install and it also has broken shields.

Sooooooooo, I installed the shields in the first unit, which is on our bench, only to find the same problem you have. Part of the handle inside the switch where a metal bracket screws in to is also broken.

???? Is this an on going problem with thses switches? Has there been problems in the past or post on here that any one knows about.

Status
Not open for further replies.