Gen ready panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

I am wiring a house where they will be moving there grid tied battery back up system from there old house to this new house. I am used to seeing two electrical panels one being the grid tied panel and the other being a PV supplied panel. ITE makes a gen ready panel that has a split bus. ITEG3042B1200GEN Could I use this instead of using two panels. space requirement is my main reason for only wanting to use one panel.
Xantrex XW-MPPT60-150 is the invertor
Thanks

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I'm not sure that is really an ideal choice because the Xantrex probably comes with an internal transfer switch and in that case you would/should not be using either the manual interlock or automatic transfer switch that the panelboard is designed for. Perhaps it's the case that you can use this panelboard and connect the inverter in place of the transfer switch, but that requires doing more homework. You may want to contact Siemens if you want to be sure it's okay, especially with regards to passing an inspection.

Also the Xantrex XW-MPPT60-150 appears to be a charge controller, not an inverter. The inverter model is probably something else. It makes a difference if the inverter is 240V or 120V.

arnettda

I'm not sure that is really an ideal choice because the Xantrex probably comes with an internal transfer switch and in that case you would/should not be using either the manual interlock or automatic transfer switch that the panelboard is designed for. Perhaps it's the case that you can use this panelboard and connect the inverter in place of the transfer switch, but that requires doing more homework. You may want to contact Siemens if you want to be sure it's okay, especially with regards to passing an inspection.

Also the Xantrex XW-MPPT60-150 appears to be a charge controller, not an inverter. The inverter model is probably something else. It makes a difference if the inverter is 240V or 120V.

I was planning on removing the transfer switch portion and using it as two separate busses. I am calling Siemans now.

Status
Not open for further replies.