Generator goes in overload with manual transfer switch

SteveK76

New User
Occupation
Contractor
Hello everybody. My name is Steve and I have an issue that I can’t figure out. I recently installed a reliance controls 10 circuit manual transfer switch (model 310CRKNC pro/tran 2). The switch seems to be working fine when in line mode. All circuits to the house are fine and running ok. All 10 circuits are also single pole so no 240 needed. The generator is a A-iPower 7100/5700W generator (model.GXS7100iRDC). I use the four prong twist lock that was supplied in the transfer switch kit and use it from L14-30R (30A, 120/240V) outlet to feed into the inlet box.

When I fire up the generator, leave all in the line position plug in the electrical wire that goes to the transfer switch inlet into the generator and it goes into overload mode and cuts off all outlets to the generator. I tried the same with the transfer switch in the off position and again cuts power. This generator is not gfci protected and all the circuits wired to the transfer switch are regular single breakers (no afci or gfci)

Does anybody know what can be causing this?
Thanks in advance