Generator Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmeek

Occupation
Electrician
Have a customer with a Health Care Facility that had an inspection from the state . They said the generator outside has to have an lighting fixture that will power up from a life safety panel that would power light from normal power and from generator power as well as a battery backup if generator does not start up. Was wandering if anyone had any suggestions as to what kind of fixture is out there that will work for this. The generator is in a 6' high brick wall enclosure apprx. 10' x 15' area about 1' from building. Also does the light need to come on via photo cell or time clock or can it be switched

Last edited:

wmeek

Occupation
Electrician
It doesnt have battery back up and its for damp location. This area has no cover, so I would say it would have to have a wet location fixture.

ceb58

You could install a wall pack. I have installed them on public buildings out side egress doors. The ones I installed were CFL. I ran a MWBC to them one circ. went through the poto cell for normal operation. The other was a unswitched feed to the internal battery/ballast.

Status
Not open for further replies.