Generator shedding moduls

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I have a 2 part question. 1st what are some best methods to deliver generators 26kw abs below? 2nd What are some issues that could happen while installing load shedding modules to condenser units that could cause problems to unit. We turn off power to Condensor but had a coupe issues arise where condenser didn't operate after module was installed and home owner blames us for damage. One minute it works next minute it doesn't after install with no explanation

Choice_Gorilla

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I can’t speak to issues with your load shedding modules I’m sure you checked the obvious stuff like correct wiring. I have however installed quite a few generators and can say that something like This is a game changer. Makes it so one person can move and set a generator alone. Used to load up the gen, wheel it into the back of a trailer, and unload it on site no problem. Obviously this is assuming there is a flat level pathway to wheel it down.

Edit: if you’re taking about getting the generators from your shop to the customer, then a box trailer is the way to go. If you are doing a bunch of gen installs, load it up with everything you need for the average install. Connectors, ground bars, seal tight, hardware. Really streamlines the install when you get it dialed in.