Generator with remote start

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahualin

When I google generators, I see a lot of generators with remote start. I am wondering what is used to remote start the generator. Is the generator annunciator or other push button? I have checked the generator annunciator on line and didn't see it has the function. And I have never seen any push button used for remote starting a generator on jobsite. Any clue? Thanks.

nakulak

middle line and better ATS's generally have the option of remote start, remote monitoring, remote annunciation, FA hookup, automatic cycling, etc depending on what options you pay for when you buy the genset. if the generator doesn't remote start its pretty much useless execpt for maybe a homeowner. usually there is a pair of conductors run to the ATS for remote starting. the ATS flips the switch when normal power goes out or software calls for cycling.

480sparky

Are you talking about starting a permanent generator that's outside, sitting on a pad, started from the ATS?

Or do you mean the RF remotes that can start a portable genny on the jobsite?

If it's the latter, they use little key-fobs just like your autos' lock/unlock/trunk/panic system uses. A radio receives the signal, and closes a starter (just like your truck) that turns a small 'lectric motor.

brian john

The remote start function in the generator is connected to the ATS, upon loss of power and any time delay in the ATS the engine will start with a contact closure in the ATS. When voltage and frequency is at an predetermined acceptable level the ATS transfers from utility to generator. When normal (utility) restores and is in an acceptable range and any time delays are satisfied the ATS will transfer to normal and after a predetermined cool down time delay either in the generator, ATS or both the engine shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.