Getting california certified as continuing Education provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodfiend

Hi guys new to the site.

I have been trying to find information on becoming a California accredited Instructor, and also a recognized provider for the 32 hours of continued education needed to renew the California Electrical certificate. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Hi guys new to the site.

I have been trying to find information on becoming a California accredited Instructor, and also a recognized provider for the 32 hours of continued education needed to renew the California Electrical certificate. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Did you contact the license board? I know when our IAEI chapter wanted to change from training hours to CEU's there were some hoops we had to jump through.

Now that I just typed that, you might want to contact IAEI or ICC and see what they have to say.

Good luck.

HEYDOG

In my area of the country anybody can do continuing education. However it is up to the licensing boards and other's on whether the training is coming from a reputable person or organization. The best bet is to call the department of education in your state and see if they can tell you if any and what criteria you need to meet. Then I would meet with the local municipalities or state licensing board to make sure that they will accept your classes for ceu credits. Typically they want a basic outline of what you will be covering in your classes. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.