gfci behind a sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky333

I know its not something i would do.But my question is . Is it against CODE to have a gfci recp on the wall directly behind a wetbar sink.It was a remodel and its an existing Outlet and the contractor moved the sink so its right in front of the Receptacle.I took it out and put a blank cover on it .Because thers another one to the side of it.But I cant find any where.in the code that says It CANT be there.It just says it dosent have to be Like on Kitchen counter tops You measure the 24" from the edge>if any one knows If It Can be there let Me know Thanks??????

mcclary's electrical

I know its not something i would do.But my question is . Is it against CODE to have a gfci recp on the wall directly behind a wetbar sink.It was a remodel and its an existing Outlet and the contractor moved the sink so its right in front of the Receptacle.I took it out and put a blank cover on it .Because thers another one to the side of it.But I cant find any where.in the code that says It CANT be there.It just says it dosent have to be Like on Kitchen counter tops You measure the 24" from the edge>if any one knows If It Can be there let Me know Thanks??????

I can be there as long as it's a gfi

sparky333

I thought it was legal

I thought it was legal

Years ago this came up on a another job.I just wasnt sure if they put something in the new code.really as far as saftey whats the diffrence in having one right next to sink or behind it as long as its gfi. Someone can still drop the applaince in the sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.