GFCI Circuit and another dual function circuit in same conduit

T DeNault

Occupation
Electrician
Hello, wired in a swimming pool equipment today and wired a 240 volt GFCI protected circuit for pump, and 120 volt GFCI / AFCI circuit for pool lights and outlet. ( reason for duel function breaker is could not get my hands on just a GFCI single pole breaker CH style for cutler hammer) in same conduit. Is this allowable?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I don't have the book in front of me but there was a time when the GFCI protected lighting conductors could not be in the same raceway with other conductors.

T DeNault

Occupation
Electrician
I don't have the book in front of me but there was a time when the GFCI protected lighting conductors could not be in the same raceway with other conductors.
Hello and thank you for replying. Both circuits and conductors are under GFCI protection, it’s just that the 120 volt has the AFCI protection also. Rest assure my fellow sparks, I will consult my underwriter before inspection. Thank you all.

retirede

I’d bet it’s a circuit for a pool transformer for low voltage lights - he mentions that it also feeds a receptacle. I didn’t think anybody put 120V lights in a pool any more.

T DeNault

Occupation
Electrician
I’d bet it’s a circuit for a pool transformer for low voltage lights - he mentions that it also feeds a receptacle. I didn’t think anybody put 120V lights in a pool any more.
Yes sir you’re correct. Feeds the 12 volt LED driver and then to the code compliant outlet. The 240 volt feeds Pump and chlorine transformer as well the ignition for the gas heater. Both circuits are fed from the panel where the GFCI protection is and the duel function protection all in same conduit.

retirede

Yes sir you’re correct. Feeds the 12 volt LED driver and then to the code compliant outlet. The 240 volt feeds Pump and chlorine transformer as well the ignition for the gas heater. Both circuits are fed from the panel where the GFCI protection is and the duel function protection all in same conduit.

Sounds like you’re good to go.