GFCI for hard wired equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
Is there any NEC requirement for GFCI for hard wired permanently mounted equipment

lkjhoftygiujok;lmcnjvbhfgsurhwiljoefk;ladsmnjbdvhguhiljfo;kwldANBJCVHGIJFLKWDknjhfkw
xjkjbhhjkjhgyftyguhijoklcknbjmhv gukhiljknbjcmvhguhiljknbjmhvguhkilhughbjhikjhbckhjkbscs

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Care to elaborate what kinda equipment? 210.8(C) and (D) come to mind, article 680 also comes to mind.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If there is an "outlet" involved (as opposed to a receptacle) 210.8(C),)(D) & (E)
and, as mentioned, Art 680
and Art 422.5

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
the equipment is a large water heater, hard wired no receptacle, for some reason every now and then the site makes me have 200 characters

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
the equipment is a large water heater, hard wired no receptacle, for some reason every now and then the site makes me have 200 characters
No requirement for a water heater to be GFCI protected.
They do need to be grounded, but not GFCI protected.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
The minimum character requirement is for a new thread only. Any post after the OP doesn't require a minimum. Also, I believe the minimum is 100 characters.
We have tried to get it changed but was told it was just the way the software is set up by the mfg.

Status
Not open for further replies.