GFCI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

I'm wiring bar and there will ten TV's mounted around the wall . They are all high . Do I need to put these on GFIC's and if so what article 210.8 ?

VirutalElectrician

Occupation
Sparky - Trying to be retired
Receptacles in the following locations shall not be required to be tamper resistant:

(1) Receptacles located more than 1.7 m (5 ½ ft) above the floor

Was this exception there back in the 2008 NEC as well?

I remember back in 09 doing a pole barn that had 14' ceilings. The guy wanted outlets in the ceiling to customize his own lighting. Inspector called me out for not using TR outlets, 14' in the air(the building was being inspected as a residential garage, not commercial). Inspector said I had to change them out. I said you gotta be kidding me. We just starred at each other for a few moments, he slapped his sticker on the panel and drove off.

With the other thread on having multiple EV outlets, one utility controlled, and one not, how long is it going to be before L14-50 outlets have to have TR protection as well?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Receptacles in the following locations shall not be required to be tamper resistant:

(1) Receptacles located more than 1.7 m (5 ½ ft) above the floor

Was this exception there back in the 2008 NEC as well?

I remember back in 09 doing a pole barn that had 14' ceilings. The guy wanted outlets in the ceiling to customize his own lighting. Inspector called me out for not using TR outlets, 14' in the air(the building was being inspected as a residential garage, not commercial). Inspector said I had to change them out. I said you gotta be kidding me. We just starred at each other for a few moments, he slapped his sticker on the panel and drove off.

With the other thread on having multiple EV outlets, one utility controlled, and one not, how long is it going to be before L14-50 outlets have to have TR protection as well?
In the 2008, the TR rule was in 406.11 and only applied to dwelling units.

Status
Not open for further replies.