GFI: Girl Friend Interrupter

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I read the article, and then read some of the comments. In a fit of weakness, I posted a reply to someone's comment. I just couldn't leave unchallenged the person's statement that it takes WAY more electricity than can come out of a wall outlet to cause a fatal shock. It's that intolerance for stupidity that comes with age. Oh well, perhaps I'll grow out of it. :ashamed1:

Besoeker

I read the article, and then read some of the comments. In a fit of weakness, I posted a reply to someone's comment. I just couldn't leave unchallenged the person's statement that it takes WAY more electricity than can come out of a wall outlet to cause a fatal shock. It's that intolerance for stupidity that comes with age. Oh well, perhaps I'll grow out of it. :ashamed1:
Ignorance abounds.
I can understand why you felt compelled to respond.

joseph e

Nice title. didnt hear about it. [Mod Edit.] Anyway thats the real reason for the invention of the GFCI in the first place and im glad it saved another life. Its funny cuz every time i do a pool bonding grid or outdoor spa hookup im always triple thinking about the grounding/ bonding part and the chances of my customers getting shocked while just kicken back and relaxing

Last edited by a moderator:

ritelec

Lucky guy..

As I heard and did some research that 19% of receptacles fail.. 21% of breakers.. and 57% of breakers in high lightning areas..

The report was a few years old, but jeez.. really has me thinking. (especially about pools)

(yes, I know.. you're supposed to check it every month.. in a perfect world, and what if you checked it at 8 am, it failed at 9 am, and decided to take a bath at 10?)

kwired

Electron manager
Lucky guy..

As I heard and did some research that 19% of receptacles fail.. 21% of breakers.. and 57% of breakers in high lightning areas..

The report was a few years old, but jeez.. really has me thinking. (especially about pools)

(yes, I know.. you're supposed to check it every month.. in a perfect world, and what if you checked it at 8 am, it failed at 9 am, and decided to take a bath at 10?)
Well since you mentioned perfect world..... there would be no fault to trip the thing at 10 anyways so nothing unusual should happen:p

Status
Not open for further replies.