ghost in the fan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseydaze

Have a customer with a paddle fan with a remote kit (Casablanca).Fan keeps turning on in the middle of night I try ed changing the dip switches .Same results.Voltage reads 122.9 V any suggestions.

ultramegabob

Jerseydaze said:
Have a customer with a paddle fan with a remote kit (Casablanca).Fan keeps turning on in the middle of night I try ed changing the dip switches .Same results.Voltage reads 122.9 V any suggestions.

That voltage is a little high, did you check the voltage at the panel? are both legs the same? if not is that circuit shareing a neutral with another? if so, check for loose neutral connections. If that is the normal voltage for your area, you might contact Casablancas tech line....

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Jerseydaze said:
The voltage seems fine to me but there must be some interference from another source. Homeowners aren't rolling over on the remote are they????:grin:

Tcaptain

Cieling Fan

Cieling Fan

High End Fans Like Casablanca Have Demo And Security Settings To Give the Appearance That Some One is Home Check Program Instructions

jerm

It's my understanding that poco is generally allowed 10% variance from 117 without having to "correct" anything. That's probably a state thing.

I see everything from 110 to 132. (good luck with incandescents at 132)

robwire

Its interference from something else thats doing it. I put a fan in my great room with a hunter remote that did the same thing. Of course my wife wanted to know what kind of electrical contractor can't get a fan right in his own house.
We even sat at night hitting the remote to see if any of the neigbors lights came on .
Turns out that hunter recalled the remotes because of interferance from aircraft transponders on too close of a freqency.
I am sure if you get a different remote the problem will go away

BackInTheHabit

Jerseydaze said:

Does a neighbor have the same controller with the same dip switch setting?

stickboy1375

Jerseydaze said:

I had the same problem, I just sent the fans back for new ones.. not a problem since. Although, I just think the owner had them in security mode.

L

Lxnxjxhx

aircraft transponders

aircraft transponders

Or garage door openers, or car remotes using RF, or ham radio, or any other nearby and/or strong source of RF.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
For most of us, with a meter that gets banged around from the day we get it until it is lost, 2 or even 4 volts over/under shouldn't be a great concern...as long has there is no discrepancy in the readings of other comparable branch circuits. In any case, fans should easily handle that kind of voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.