Glad to see this Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre

This topic is truly a weak point for me. I will be glad to see some who know more than me post so I can learn some more.
I was sent a set of prints, along with specs, the other day to set up an inspection. It was difficult for me to establish enough information to feel comfortable with this job.

Pierre

friebel

Re: Glad to see this Thread

To: Pierre, I was looking at some of the topics and I happened to see your comment, that you were glad to see this thread on hazardous electrical classification, so that you could learn more.
With that said, let us continue a thread on Electrical Classification in Hazardous areas. I do have a fair knowledge because of working in a Chemical industry for 45 years, but I have always learned, that you will never know it all.
I will wait to hear from the members of the forum to see if they are interested to continue in this area.
If they are interested, I will start it off with some statements and we will go from there.
For an example: I would start with the three classifications, Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 and explain what each class means, then I would go to the Division. Division 1 and Division 2, and explain what they mean. Then we would go the Grouping of A,B,C,D and explain groupings and how and why you put certain chemicals into different groupings.
I know that if we get started on this, that their will be some electricians that will not agree with a statement, that I may make. In my opinion, that is when we will start learning more about electrical classification. Also we would relate all of our discussions with how it relates the NEC, and Articles 500,501,502,503, etc.
I will wait to hear from the forum to see if you want to continue with this topic.

iwire

Staff member

I am up for learning more about this.

It is a very weak area for me, the few times I have had to work in these types of locations I had very detailed prints and specifications. I did not have to think, only read. :roll:

pierre

Friebel
Have at it. I would love to learn more about this topic as it will only help me when I am teaching this topic (actually barely teaching it :) )

Discussing the actual types of locations the different Classes are found in would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.