Got catalogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

The question about magazines got me thinking about manufacturer's catalogs. There are a few I'd be lost without. Some seem to be rare as hen's teeth in the paper version. The Honeywell Tradeline catalog and the Allen Bradley full line catalog are two catalogs that I seem to only be able to get every 4 or 5 years. Others, like the Square D Digest I seem to be able to get 10 a year if I wanted that many. Got any you can't do without?

brian john

I have tons all old I keep up to date with Acme or Heviduty and Bussman. Oh and Graingers. Never did understand Grainger's will send 8 paper catalogs but refuse to send one CD. Seem backwards

brian john said:
I have tons all old I keep up to date with Acme or Heviduty and Bussman. Oh and Graingers. Never did understand Grainger's will send 8 paper catalogs but refuse to send one CD. Seem backwards

AMEN TO THAT:confused:

SmithBuilt

I thought catalogs were a thing of the past with internet now.

I have a few that I keep in the office but can find most of what I need on the internet(wireless card) when in the field.

mdshunk

SmithBuilt said:
I thought catalogs were a thing of the past with internet now.

I have a few that I keep in the office but can find most of what I need on the internet(wireless card) when in the field.
I rather like the serendipity of leafing through an actual paper catalog.

Sharpie

I'm on the same page as Marc:grin: There's something nice about paper that you can: highlight, mark-up, take notes on, earmark....... But there are disadvantages also: a lot of bulk to carry, not up to date.....

I like paper.

I keep up with SQD, BussmanSPD, Siemens, Brady, Burndy, Wire Mold, Hubbell, WattStopper, Cooper, Ideal, Asco and many more.
I probably have about 30-50 trade catelogs, most of them as recent as the new ones just sent out.
Siemens has the "Step" books they publish, I try to get as many of them as possible. The same with the UL White Book.

I get and reference these catelogs, as it helps me to be able to help myself and others with the most current info.

I also have all of the recent Utility books and their adendums, both in hard cover and PDF.

I get the new Graingers, because I buy the door prizes I supply to meetings from there and local supply houses.

Yes, as you can guess, I read a lot.

P.S. This also means my garbage men are taking away a lot of print material every year. As a matter of fact, I purged yesterday afternoon and last night. I now seem to be able to see my desktop and have more room for new junk.
You see with just 10% retension, I feel if I read alot, I should be able to remember something. :wink:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
mdshunk said:
I rather like the serendipity of leafing through an actual paper catalog.
Sharpie said:
I'm on the same page as Marc:grin:

But there are disadvantages also: a lot of bulk to carry, not up to date.....
.....buying lots of stuff you didn't realize you needed.....

peter

Being a tool addict, I love tool catalogues. Greenlee, Klein, Ideal and Gardner-Bender. All apprentices should contact their sites and order one [just to drool over].
Catalogues are often a good source of information. Caddy and Arlington are some examples. So is McFeeley's, for that matter. It is good to have at least one copyof Grainger's. MSC and Enco will send a catalogue but McMaster evidently won't. Ridgid, the pipe tool company has a good one.
~Peter

boater bill

Catalogs on my desk...
Square D, Seimens, Lithonia, and my new favorite... Peerless lighting.
Why the Peerless? I am in 2 photos in their new catalog!!!
They took them while I was at the factory for training.

Status
Not open for further replies.