Grafik EYE

Status
Not open for further replies.

greglusus

ok i'm a beginner in electrical field and i wold like to learn about low voltage stuff can some one tell me where i can fing info about how grafik eye works costs estimating it and all technikal info i just passed electrical contractors exam and also looking for business forms for electrical company like proposals, acceptance of proposal contracts

thanks
GREG

ed downey

Re: Grafik EYE

Greg,
I Would Start By Checking Out Their Website. http://www.lutron.com/grafikeye/ Then Find Your Local Rep. And Call Him And See What He Can Help You With. The Local Lutron Rep. In Kansas City, MO Is Very Knowledgeable About The Grafik Eye Product And Gave Me A Quick 30 Minute Presentation About The Product Recently.
Hope This Helps.
-Ed

macmikeman

I am properly sickened by reading how you are only a beginnner in the electrical field, and yet your jurisdiction's "powers that be" have allowed you to become a contractor and issued you a license. I guess as long as the city gets its hundred bucks for filling out the application it's ok with them if you kill people by fire or electrocution.

jimwalker

It is not all that hard to pass that test.Anyone that is a good book reader and can find answers fast will in time get lucky and pass.It took me 2 times, the first to see how they played the game ,the second to beat them at there game.The answers are multiple choice a b c d usually 2 are easy to exclude so it's down to 50 50.Laws of probability apply here.I myself passed a masters test 8 years ago with very little commercial exsperiance.I had the wisdom to stay in residential where my experience was really at.
I found a lady GC that didn't even know what a 2 x 4 looked like,but she had the license.Scary ain't it?

[ December 30, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Originally posted by macmikeman:
I am properly sickened by reading how you are only a beginnner in the electrical field, and yet your jurisdiction's "powers that be" have allowed you to become a contractor and issued you a license. I guess as long as the city gets its hundred bucks for filling out the application it's ok with them if you kill people by fire or electrocution.
DITTO

Roger

[ December 30, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

hurk27

Jim do you remember a GC by the name of B&R electric in Fort Myers. It was on ponsettia RD. just north of the river off US 41 (old bridge)?
The master holder of that GC was his wife. I worked for them for about 6 months then got called to a job in sanford,Fl. More money

[ December 31, 2003, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: hurk27 ]

jimwalker

I never worked in LEE .I was local licensed in COLLIER lived in Golden Gate estates.Near as i can figure my wages are going down hill.I took home $100 a day 15 years ago.Now gotta kiss butt to see $17 an hour before uncle sam

[ December 31, 2003, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

hurk27

I was just wondering if it could have been the same GC around here it's been good the building boom has not let off yet and seem to be getting stronger. I have been at 29.50 for a while now but I do get a lot of OT as we are short handed. we have a lot of workers that can do everything untill you give them somthing to do :roll: thanks.

scott thompson

Just to get the original topic back in gear :D

I worked with Lutron Lighting Control Systems before - and recently on a project which was based on the Grafik Eye 6000 System Controller.

The GFX 6000 Processor drove two remote Lighting Contactor Panels via 4 wire address lines (COM Lines). The "Event Schedules" were easier to download on this system than on other systems I have dealt with - and the Application was certified for use under Windows 2000 - Windows XP O/Ss, whereas prior stuff was Windows 9x within a DOS window.

To those unfamiliar with these types of Lighting Control Systems, the concept of operation is rather simple.
All manual wall switch locations control a specific "Zone", via the setup programmed into the processor (downloaded to the processor via Serial port of a laptop machine).
Wall switch locations connect to a common 2 wire switchloop address line (again, a Serial COM line). Last wall switch on the string gets a terminator across the address lines (like an EOLR on Supervised circuits, or more like a SCSI Terminator on the last SCSI device). Remote panels are connected via the previously mentioned 4 wire COM line.

All the COM lines originate from the Processor (Main Controller - the GFX 6000 unit). The Processor receives the control commands, holds the downloaded program schedule of events (stores in Non-Volatile memory - like EEPROMs), processes the events, supervises the status of Peripheral equipment, and connects to "Off-Premisis" locations via Analog MODEM &/or Ethernet LAN (NIC).

All these things (wall switches and remote panels) are addressable, using a "6-BIT" protocol. As with any other addressable devices, having two or more nodes (appliances, or devices) set to the same address will cause Corn-Fusion for the processor - sending it into a mild insane state!

Control formats include simple timed on-off events for all zones, separate zones, etc., Dusk-to-Dawn (Suntracker) control for one, two, or more zones, Manual override with timed reset back to original state for all manual wall switch controlled zones, 12 different dimming scenes per each zone, and the ability to combine any or all these features together.

<end of commercial>

;)

Scott35

Status
Not open for further replies.