Grandfather

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbond24

Copied from http://www.ncees.org/exams/fundamentals/

To pursue a professional license, you must pass one of the Fundamentals (FE/FS) examinations:

• Engineering licensure candidates: take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.*
• Surveying licensure candidates: take the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) exam.*

* Exam waiver: The Fundamentals exam may be waived for an engineer or surveyor who has earned an advanced academic degree and/or acquired many years of work experience. Guidelines vary greatly for each jurisdiction. Please check with your licensing board and/or review licensing requirements.

To register for an exam, contact your licensing board or go to ELS-EXAMREG.org.

Looks like you need to contact the licensing board for your particular state to find out what you want to know. I was in the mood to look into that for you as well, but you didn't include your location in your profile. :) Too late now, I'm going home. :D

Welcome to the forum!

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I found the following text on the AZ web site:
D. The Board shall exempt an applicant from the in training examination if the applicant is a graduate of a school and curriculum approved by the Board, and has been actively engaged in experience in the profession for which registration is sought for at least twelve years after graduation.

The context of this quotation can be found here:
http://www.btr.state.az.us/regulations/statues.asp#32-122

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
DanZ said:
Wow, 12 years experience. I think school would be easier!
You need the school anyway, or at least that is how I read the AZ rules. What the 12 years of experience does for you is get you out of taking the "fundamentals" test.

charlie b said:

You need the school anyway, or at least that is how I read the AZ rules. What the 12 years of experience does for you is get you out of taking the "fundamentals" test.
Well, you need some school. I think there's different requirements for the FE/FS and PE/PS. (2 year versus 4 year) I do know that one of the requirements of the PE/PS is the FE/FS being passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.