Greenlee 882 bender

Status
Not open for further replies.

binney

Inactive, Email Never Verified
Has anyone ever used a Greenlee 882 bender, how does it work? Can you bend 90's, offsets, ????? The only bender I've ever used for 2" is the 555. It looks like it would be slow, but I don't bend it that often, it's a lot cheaper than the 555.

dillon3c

Re: Greenlee 882 bender

binney,
I went to the Greenlee site,in looking for image of the 882 bender,with no luck in their image gallery.

Going on memory,might this be the old "flip-top style", type hydraulic bender w/max size of 2".

Flip-top defined: *Bender frame-support is "hinged" on one side.For the loading & unloading of the conduit, from the bender.

*Might this your Greenlee Bender, binney?

tom25

I have used the one with the flip top, and also the 555. The 555 is much easier to use.
The flip top will bend 90's.
All we have are the 555's.
Spend the $$$

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

All we have are the 555's.
Spend the $$$
We use the Gardner Bender Cyclone Bender. It's similar to the 555 and much better than the Greenlee 882. The 882 has many different parts and is a hassle to bend with. The Cyclone is self contained and will go from 1/2" to 2" rigid and EMT. Also it has a variable angle setting which allows for repetitive bends to be made by simply inserting the conduit and pushing the button. This would be my choice if I had to have one machine to bend up to 2" conduit. Here's a link for more info:

http://www.gardnerbender.com/Products/product_list/pdf/01GB_BENDING.pdf

electricbender.jpg

tkb

I have an 882 bender, 975 electric pump and the 1807 Bending Degree Indicator.

What I like about it is that one person can load just the parts in the van for the size they are going to use for a small job.

The other benders are to large and heavy to bring to a small job. They are great if you are on a job for a long time.

The 882 setups quick and makes very good bends.

russ

I agree with tkb about the mobility aspect of the 882.
I've used it in buildings with no elevator.
It would be impossible to move a 555 up and down stairs with out several people, and that would get real old real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.