Ground Rods Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPCS

I'm estimating a large hotel project and the engineer shows a grounding system in the building with 3 ground rod delta config. at about 10 different locations outside around the building all tied together with 250MCM cable. This is not a lightning protection system but a grounding system for all the electrical rooms and the two 15 story towers. First of all is the legal by code and isn't this OVERKILL!

bphgravity

It is legal, but liklely way overkill. You wouldn't even need this extense of grounding for an LPS.

At of curiousity and to perhaps shed some light on this, what exactly is the building being used for, and what kind-of equipment is going to be in it?

iwire

Staff member
I guess I should ask.

There are all the normal EGCs and bonding jumpers in the appropriate locations?

The EE is not setting up some truly isolated grounding system are they?

bphgravity

I'll never understand why people come to this board and ask such an intersting question and then never follow up.

I would really like to know what is going on with this project...

brian john

Bryan:

That infuriates me (well not really infuriate but upsets me) somebody as a question I/we/all respond and never here if the our help worked, blew it up or was worthless.

Brian

For the record I saw the name Brian (correct spelling) spelt Brion and pronounced Brian

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I posted a picture on another website of a big yellow box installed between the xfmr bank and the service weatherheads that was titled something like "What is this?" Had a few guesses but no one knew for sure. When I finally figured it out, current limiting fuses, I had forgotten my password. Maybe this is what happens or they die.

benaround

I posted a picture on another website of a big yellow box installed between the xfmr bank and the service weatherheads that was titled something like "What is this?" Had a few guesses but no one knew for sure. When I finally figured it out, current limiting fuses, I had forgotten my password. Maybe this is what happens or they die.

It would be sad if they forgot their password.

Status
Not open for further replies.