grounding a panel with a well

Status
Not open for further replies.

double d

Hi all i have a new construction home to do and it will have a well water supply, my question is in the panel the ground terminal that is supposed to go to the water main pipe what do I connect the ground conductor to. the well has a plastic main coming into the house. Do I add another ground rod? Or what do I do? I have done many new houses but have not come across a well yet, any help would be grateful.

haskindm

Spend some time reading article 250. All of the grounding electrodes that are PRESENT must be joined together to form the Grounding Electrode System. This includes the rebar in the footer, and underground metallic waterline, etc. If it is not there then it does need to be included. If there is nothing else available then you will need to install ground rod(s). You will still need to BOND the copper waterlines in the house.
It sounds like you need to do much research if this is new to you.

bphgravity

You must ground your service to all of the electrodes present as listed in Section 250.52. If none of the "natural" electrodes are present, you may be required to provide them. Meaning, if there is no metal water pipe, no building metal, and no concrete-encased electrode, you wil be required to drive ground rods, install ground plates, or install a ground ring. See the new part (7) to this section, you may be able to use this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.