Grounding and bonding after meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalist

I looked at a job and in the electrical room there was a large wireway that fed 4 meters that each had a disconnect that fed xfmr then to a lease space.
1 had only the disconnect 480v 400amp, meter to line side of disconnect. Where working in the bldg and ask me to see if I can make use of the spare disconnect. I only glanced at the terminations in the disconnect. After I left I asked myself why was there a grounding bushing on the disconnect side bonded to neutral, must mean its a tap of the service but the boding jumper that bondes the neutral or ground to the enclosure was still in the package. No GES of any kind directly to the meter or disconnect
All holes from wireway to disconnect looked drilled and it was all piped. I know if its a service the grounding bushing is the norm + the volts to ground although the holes were drilled. I realize its all grounded but why no bonding strap. Most AHJ would fail this.
Ill check more when I go back but im not sure if this is service entrance or subpanel.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Sounds relatively normal other than the missing main bonding jumper in your disconnect.
I'd say there is a good chance the GES is connected in the wireway.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Why is there an add on this thread. Thats weird.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Tapatalk is now inserting random ads as posts in threads as well as in the lists of threads. Next time you view the thread it will not be there.
You can recognize them by the "sponsored" tag.

AFAIK they are on the Tapatalk servers, not on the a actual Forum servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.