Grounding of Combination Antenna Mast and Building Entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPA

I have a client who has supplied a steel mast, which is secured to the roofing support structure and projects thru the roof and extends 4 Ft. above the roof line. The mast will server as both a mounting point for a satellite dish as well as the building entrance method for the downlead cables.

Is there any reason, by code or performance, that the Antenna Discharge Units (grounding blocks) cannot be mounted on the exterior portion of the mast?

LPA

I appreciate and understand your reference to 203.28, however in my circumstance the mast is used exclusively for the Antenna system and the dowlead cables are the coaxial cables from the Antenna.

Building power employees a totally seperate and distinct entrance method.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I appreciate and understand your reference to 203.28, however in my circumstance the mast is used exclusively for the Antenna system and the dowlead cables are the coaxial cables from the Antenna.

Building power employees a totally seperate and distinct entrance method.

I do not see any problem as long as you are only mounting the ADUs on the mast and not trying to use it as their grounding conductor.
Not, IMHO, any different than mounting the ADU farther down on the wall of the building when the coax penetrates the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.