Grounding of Elevator Structures for (Elevated & Earth Ground Passenger Stations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer_Erv0492

Looking for a little help from anyone that has done any design work/construction in the rapid transit/rail business. The topic of grounding of elevator towers in reference to elevated structures vs earth grounded passenger stations has come up; and I've been having trouble finding the best answer as to what the correct way is to ground them. When it comes to grounding elevator towers associated with elevated passenger stations, one party is saying isolation pads/fabreeka pads are the correct way, while another is saying that they don’t serve any purpose when it comes to grounding. On the other hand, for earth ground stations, we normally ground the elevator structure and everything else associated with it to a grounding rod system. However, we do have such things as elevated stations that have earth filled embankments, so that's where it gets a little confusing for me. May sound confusing yes I know, but again, if any one that has worked in the rapid transit/rail business has any insight, that would be most helpful!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.