Grounding separate GEC & EGC required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Looking over some plans I had done up for my DIY solar installation.

I had some issues or questions that I would like to get some feedback on regarding the GEC wire on this diagram.

Screenshot_20200426-094936_Drive.jpg

They show a solid #6 running from panel to ground rod and up to the roof not in the conduit running with the rest of the power.

I orginally thought a single ground from the panel up to the roof inside the same conduit would be fine.

My main issue is the grounding rods (two of them) are not very accessible and I'm not sure with the way this diagram is made that I need direct access to them.

Main panel ground is run from front of house water pipe entrance, under crawl space to back of house threw foundation and under concrete slab to one then other ground rod then back under crawl space and up wall into the flash mounted 200amp panel.

So my other question is front wanted pipe connection or under crawlspace ground wire is accessible. The way this wiring diagram is do I have to go straight to ground rod or can an irreversible splice be mad into the existing ground wire at some accessible point?

Status
Not open for further replies.