Grounding verizon fios box

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEI9800

I have a question, what size ground is required per code to ground a verizon fios control box located on the exterior of a home?

mcclary's electrical

I was called last week to a customer's house for the same thing,,,,,she had a loud buzz in the phone,,,,I traced all the way back to fios,,,,,no ground,,,,,,ran a #10 to the GEC and it went away instantly. Why didn't they do that?,,,,not that I mind,,,I got paid.

nhfire77

I was called last week to a customer's house for the same thing,,,,,she had a loud buzz in the phone,,,,I traced all the way back to fios,,,,,no ground,,,,,,ran a #10 to the GEC and it went away instantly. Why didn't they do that?,,,,not that I mind,,,I got paid.

b/c they are a public utility and no amounts of complaints will derail them.

Or maybe the guy doing the work didn't work for them doing copper before and doesn't understand grounding and bonding. I think that Verizon in my area just doesn't are. They know better , they just don't care. This is not a union slam. I have had similar results with other small local carriers.

I've had POTS lines coming into a commercial building underground on OSP cable. We do a full test, the line is scratchy, intermittent dial tone. We have the customer call and Verizon came out, swapped the line to another pair at the demarc (and at the street), then, tell the customer the line is fine, its our equipment causing a problem.

We now mark the lines at the demarc to avoid us looking like idiots when the problem "magically" goes away and Verizon tells them its us, and then charges them for it.

CEI9800

Thanks for the responses! When I looked in the code book I could'nt find a straight answer. I thought it would be a 10 but was not sure. You all have been a big help!

Status
Not open for further replies.